POND MEADOW PARK’S
34rd Annual (2018)
SUMMER NATURE PROGRAM
• Pond Discovery Day which includes fishing, contests with prizes, games and a cookout lunch
• Bushwhack through abandoned pig farms and bring home your favorite hidden treasure from the ruins
• Go Mudding (?) and adopt a turtle or frog for the week
• Tie-dye your own T-shirt, socks or whatever!
• Discover and learn about nature in your own town
Nature Hikes Arts and Crafts Cookout
Fishing Sports Games
EACH PROGRAM SESSION RUNS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – 9am to 3pm
Drop-off is at the Park Office, 470 Liberty Street Braintree
FEES – $185 per child per one week session (one week limit due to demand).
Fee includes Program T-Shirt, Group Photo, and Friday Lunch.
ONE SESSION LIMIT
|AGE 6-8||AGE 9-11|
|Week 1 – July 9-13||Week 2 – July 16-20|
|Week 3 – July 23-27||Week 4 – July 30- Aug 3|
|Week 5 – August 6-10||Week 6 – August 13-17|
|Week 7 – August 20-24|
• Staffed by counselors (CORI approved)
• Space is limited – one session limit per child
• Open only to Weymouth and Braintree residents (a waiting list is available to others in case the Program does not fill)
• Program is held rain or shine – dress appropriately!
• No over the phone registration
• For more information, call the Park at 781-843-7663
Registrations will be taken ONLINE only, starting May 15, 2018 at 7:00PM .
Register online at www.pondmeadowpark.org . The “Summer Nature Program Registration” link will be on the left side of the home page. It is highly recommended to set up an account and enter credit card information prior to the start of the registration. There is usually high demand for the Program and it fills quickly. Birth certificates will be required the first day of the session.
Calendar of Events
Plant Sale – May 12, 2018 9:30AM to 4PM
Assorted perennials and annuals for sale. Hosted by the “Friends of Pond Meadow” to benefit Park projects and programs.
2018 Summer Nature Program Signup – May 15, 2018 at 7PM online.
Braintree/Weymouth Senior Walk – Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 starting at 10AM from the Weymouth parking lot off Summer Street. Call 781-848-1963 for more information and registration.
Family Day and Pumpkin Festival – Saturday, October 13, 2018 – 11:30AM to 4PM. To be held in the Park’s picnic area which can be acessed by car from the Braintree entrance.
Hayrides, pumpkins for sale and decorating, games, face painting, and food. Hosted by the Friends of Pond as a fundraiser to support park projects and programs.
Troop 9 4th Annual Spooktacular Run/Walk – Sunday, October 28, 2018 9-12PM – To benefit Boy Scout Troop 9 of Weymouth. Go to the Troop 9 website for more information.
Wreath Sale – Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 10AM to 3PM .
Wreaths for sale, refreshments, and a visit from Santa Claus. Hosted by the Friends of Pond as a fundraiser to support park projects and programs.